H E A T H E R C A S E Y, CSCS, USAT LIIE / Y&JE
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
Heather@BalancedArtMultisport.com • (205) 789-6465
Coaching Services & Fitness Professional
Motivated and talented fitness professional poised to leverage sales, marketing, and business background to succeed in the fitness industry. Well-developed capacity for building and sustaining a loyal base of repeat and return clients. Skilled at developing targeted marketing collateral and promotional strategies as well as producing strong sales proposals for prospective clients. Expert interpersonal and communication skills leveraged to interface with clients, colleagues.
Balanced Art Multisport – Salt Lake City, UT (September 2016- present)
NSCA, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS,) USAT Level 2 Coach, USAT Youth & Junior Elite Coach, Ironman Certified Coach, Metabolic Efficiency Certified Coach, USA Cycling Coach, Training Peaks Certified Coach, Certified Yoga, Pilates and TRX Instruction
- Organized, coached and co-directed seven USAT sanctioned training camps in San Diego, St. George Utah and Chattanooga from January to August of 2017.
- Published articles in Triathlete Magazine June 2017 and Health Magazine, June 2017
- Act as mentor coach to three USAT level 1 coaches
- Coached three athletes to Ironman World Championships, Kona for 2017
- Coached one athlete to Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Chattanooga 2017
Lifetime Fitness – Salt Lake City, UT
Head Endurance Coach & Trainer, Metabolic Efficiency Coach (September 2015- present)
Licensed USA Triathlon Level II & USA Cycling Coach, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Ironman Certified Coach, Certified Yoga, Pilates and TRX Instruction
- Organized, marketed and directed Lifetime Indoor Tri to record registration of full capacity participation after three months of employment at Lifetime Fitness.
- Highest grossing triathlon coach at Lifetime Fitness, South Jordan in club history. 8K / month trailing average.
- Selected out of 55 coaches around the country to be featured in a National triathlon training video series for Lifetime Vision and social media sites.
Entelechy Coaching – Salt Lake City, UT (January 2006 - 2016)
USA Triathlon Level II & USA Cycling Coach, Owner / Principal Coach
Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Certified Yoga, Pilates and TRX Instruction
Precision Bike Fit custom bike fitting service and mobility assessment
Ironman Certified Coach
- Worked to grow a start up coaching business from 2 clients to full capacity of 16 clients in 12 months time. After first year hired an assistant coach to grow business at a healthy rate and teach coaching skills to associate coach.
- Earned a reputation of being a leader in the triathlon community of Birmingham, AL being a transplant with only 2 years living in the city. Steady growth continues by leading clinics, writing articles for local organizations and using social media to share training tips and nutrition advice.
- Coached 1 athlete to USAT Age Group National Championships, 2 first time Ironman finishers, multiple 70.3 half Ironman finishers and advanced a Cat 4 road racer to elite level Cat 1 racing against professionals in a one year time frame.
- Continue to develop my reputation as coaching with injury prevention and healthy nutrition as my priorities by using my background as a National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist along with my other certifications to coach a well balanced athlete.
- CPR/ AED Certified
Cahaba Cycles – Birmingham, AL (July 2012- October 2014)
Triathlon Specialist & Coach/ Retail Sales
- Planned and developed a triathlon focus shop within the Homewood, AL location of Cahaba cycles.
- Soft goods purchaser responsible for meeting with reps and ordering clothing and accessories.
- Worked with community leaders to develop ways to encourage customers to shop locally.
- Organized a full year of race appearances to build bridges within the community and state wide.
Montgomery Multisport – Montgomery, AL (March 2011- July 2012)
Running Specialist/ Retail Sales
- Integral in expanding existing triathlon store with opening a running specialty shop catering to runners of all levels.
- Trained in performing gate analysis with clients using Motion Pro to video body mechanics and determine what type shoe best suits the client.
- Utilize background as a Strength & Conditioning Specialist to lend advice on endurance training and nutrition.
- Surpassed all sales goals for first quarter.
- Organized store events with corporate sponsors such as Trek, Felt and Newton Running.
Bachelor of Science • Auburn University – Auburn, Alabama, 1996
- USA Triathlon Level IIE Licensed Coach
- USAT Elite Youth & Junior Coach
- USA Cycling Licensed Coach
- Ironman Certified Coach
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- TRX Suspension Certified Instructor
- Certified Yoga / Pilates Instructor
- Muscle Performance Master, International Center for Strength & Performance
- Training Peaks February 18, 2016 2 Layering Methods for Cold Weather Training
- Training Peaks January 7, 2016 4 Steps to Address An Imbalanced Body
- Training Peaks June 13, 2016 Identifying Movement Imbalances at Home
- Health Magazine, June 2017 Escape The Gym
- Triathlete Magazine, May 2017 Jump Start Your 2017 Triathlon Season